Activities of WISC committee
(1) The primary goal of the committee is to encourage and mentor female students, post-docs of IISER-Pune to pursue an exciting and fulfilling career in science.
(2) Ususally it becomes difficult to get extension in the external PhD fellowship for the students who takes a maternity break of 6 months or needs little more time due to child care. WISC committee plans to support these PhD students by giving some supporting fellowship for these months.
(3) To give some travel grants (merit basis) to female phd student which will allow bright students to pursue short-term research stay abroad, attending conferences etc.
(4) Conducts gender audit of the institute annually.
(5) Planning to conduct gender sensitivity workshop every year
(6) Organizing talks by eminent female scientists in each month
(7) to support independent female scientist 3-4 months